Quinta dos Pocos
Quinta dos Poços is located at the World Heritage area of the Demarcated Region of Douro, upon the left bank of the river with the same name.
Quinta dos Poços is one of the oldest in the region with the main house being a typical rural manor house of the 18th Century. It covers 25 hectares in terraces, 21 of which are fully mechanized.
The quinta only produces red wines of the varieties touriga franca and nacional, tinta roriz and barroca, tinto cão, donzelinho, tinta francisca, sousão and rufete.
The quinta has two wineries with about 830 square meters, which includes six mills of granite and stone vats for fermentation and storage with a capacity of 137.500 litres of wine.
Since 2002 Quinta dos Poços wines have been awarded with a gold medal (*), three silver medals (**) and five bronze medals (***).
• (*) AWC Vienna International Wine Challenge 2008
• (**) IX Contest “The best wines of 2003 production” from Casa do Douro
• VinAgora International Wine Competition 2006
• AWC Vienna International Wine Challenge 2008
• (***) Wine Masters Challenge World Wine Contest, 2006, 2007, 2008
• International Wine Challenge 2008.
The most important goals are producing only grapes of high quality, bottling 40.000 bottles annually from the high range, if possible 80% Premium, to continue competing in international wine contests for the purpose of marketing and measurement of quality, promoting visits of opinion makers to Quinta dos Poços, maintaining a personal relationship of closeness with all customers.