Orange Wine
Organic
Vegan
Natural
Biodynamic
Sustainable

Bodegas Ostatu Rioja Crianza

Original price was: €21.95.Current price is: €17.56.

In stock

Bang for your buck. The best value Crianza in Ireland

Tasting NotesBlackberries + plums + cedar
GrapesCarignan / Cariñena / Mazuelo, Graciano, Grenache / Garnacha, Tempranillo / Tinta Roriz
WineryBodegas Ostatu
CountryRioja, Spain

Nestled in the heart of the Rioja Alavesa region, Bodegas Ostatu is a family-owned winery with a rich heritage dating back to the 16th century. The Crianza is crafted from the esteemed Tempranillo grape (90%) with the remaining 10% made up by Graciano, Mazuelo and Garnacha. The grapes sourced from vines averaging 35 years old, grown in limestone and clay soils at high altitudes. This Crianza embodies the essence of Rioja with a modern twist, reflecting the perfect blend of tradition and innovation that defines Bodegas Ostatu.

Ostatu Rioja Crianza greets the eye with a deep, ruby red hue. The nose is an inviting medley of ripe blackberries, cherries, and plums, layered with hints of vanilla, tobacco, and a whisper of spice from its 12 months in French oak barrels. On the palate, this wine is both smooth and robust, offering a harmonious balance of vibrant fruit flavours and well-integrated oak. The black fruit core is complemented by notes of cocoa, cedar, and a touch of leather, leading to a long, elegant finish with refined tannins and a touch of minerality.

 

Wine Type Red Wine

Wine Style Full Bodied

Closure Cork

ABV 14.5%

Vintage 2020

Pairing Roast Rack of Lamb with herb crusting

You may also like…